Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pregnant Tattoos

Alright the reason I bring this up is because my husband and I are toying around with the idea of trying to have a baby in a year or so. So that got me thinking, are there any risks or anything else I should know about regarding tattoos and pregnancy. 

 First and foremost I have found out that if for some ridiculous reason you want to get a new tattoo while you are pregnant you will more than likely have a hard time finding a tattoo artist that will actually do it. There isn't really any rules or laws pertaining to pregnant women getting a tattoo but most artist feel it isn't worth the risk and that you should wait until after the baby is born to get your tattoo.











Also another interesting thing I found out is that there is some kind of myth going around that if you have a back tattoo that you can not get an epidural. There have only been a few studies conducted on this matter and of those studies nothing conclusively found any data that shows that there are risks, so most anesthesiologists have no problem giving an epidural to a woman with a back tattoo. But just in case you are worried about this you should contact your local hospital or doctor and see what they say. I know someone you has a tattoo on her lower back and she had an epidural without any problems so I don't really see what the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment